As a Nitrocellulose Solution Manufacturer, share with you. Nitrocellulose is
the name of several products obtained by treating cellulose with a mixture of
concentrated nitric acid and sulfuric acid. These are not nitro compounds. They
are nitrocellulose-nitrate, where the variable number of cellulose C-OH groups
has been changed to CO-NO2. Guncotton, a military explosive, is nitrocellulose.
Choose to use the chemically inaccurate but tolerable short and legally
uninteresting term "nitrocellulose".
It may not matter which form of nitrocellulose is used to make the film to keep the slices on the slide. My actual experience is limited to two types, mainly for embedded media. These became ridiculously expensive in the 1980s. Fortunately, the solution needed to coat the slides is very dilute and can be poured back into its bottle and reused many times.
When the installation part must be roughened, especially when it is immersed in alkali or hot acid, it is recommended to supplement the adhesive by wrapping the glass slide in a nitrocellulose film. If the adhesion between the tissue and the glass fails, this will hold the slice in place. To be effective, the film must cover the entire slide. The nitrocellulose membrane is permeable to dyes and other reagents used for dyeing.
Proceed as follows:
1. On a glass or metal staining rack, place the slides with the slices in absolute alcohol.
2. Immerse in ether-ethanol for 30-60 seconds.
3. Immerse in 0.2-0.4% nitrocellulose ether solution for 30 seconds. Note: Ether is volatile and flammable.
4. Lift the slide and drain the water until it is almost dry. The change in the light reflected from the glass surface indicates the moment of moving to the platform 5.
5. Place the glass slide in 70% ethanol for 2 minutes to harden the nitrocellulose membrane.
6. Perform the dyeing procedure. Dehydrate to 95% alcohol stage.
7. Transfer the slides from 95% alcohol to ether alcohol with minimal stirring. Place in ethanol for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the nitrocellulose membrane and complete dehydration.
8. Carefully transfer the slide from ether-ethanol to xylene (1 minute), and then pour it into xylene (at least 1 minute). Try not to disturb the slide: this may loosen parts. remember! In step 7, the nitrocellulose protective layer was removed.
9. Coat the cover glass with resin fixing medium.
Our company also sells Nitrocellulose, please contact us.